Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Masthead


Today I Created | A New Masthead for my Blog

I couldn't decide how I wanted my masthead to appear. I like bright colors but it would be too garish for this blog. I wanted something that meant something to me but I like so many different styles.

I decided that I could create a masthead and if I didn't like it then I could always create a different one later.

There is some symbolism involved in this masthead. The shape in the middle is a scan of an old transportation map of London I recently bought at the Rosebowl Swapmeet. I am an Anglophile so having a bit of England in my masthead seemed appropriate.

I also included the image of a swan. This is in reference to the story of the Ugly Duckling. 

I'm sure the masthead will change again. I just need to decide what story I want it to tell. But for today, I created a new masthead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...