Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Decorations

Today I Created | Photos of my Christmas decorations

I collect a wide variety of ornaments. I collect at least one ornament a year that depicts some memory or event of that year.
This year has been the start of my Shiny Brite Christmas ornament collection.

My mother had a plastic tree like this so I bought one on eBay several years ago and it is the first thing that I set up each Christmas.

I made these Song Birds and now they grace my Christmas tree.

Here is a small section of my tree. The female figures are the wives of Henry VIII (I bought them at Hever Castle in England). The flamingo is about 25 years old. On the right side, reflecting the lights, are two clear glass ornaments from Willow Springs Race Track in California. And to the left, above the wives is a metal ornament of the Spruce Goose when it was in Long Beach, California.

I made this tree skirt a long time ago. At the time I think I planned to have a Victorian-themed Christmas tree. This tree skirt reminded me of how long I have been creating things. I guess you're never too old nor too young to create something.

I am linking this to Vintage Thingy Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornaments! I am a sucker for vintage glass Christmas ornaments (my VTT post is about them too). I love the song birds too! :-) Merry Christmas and Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection you have!

    Wishing you the merriest of Christmases and much joy in 2011!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice ornaments filled with happy memories. Enjoyed visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how the "modern" trees are now "vintage"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tree. Love the Henry wives ornaments and of course, your display of vintage ornaments. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your ornaments are great, but my favorites are the Shiny-Brites! I love the plastic tree, too!

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...