Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sharing Collections

Today I'm sharing a photo of one of the many things I have collected over the years. I'm a big fan of Selena at Apron Thrift Girl and she has started a Collect Share link. Well, it didn't take much to convince me to share photos of things I love to collect.


This is my favorite collection, old world globes. I love finding globes or maps with old political boundaries that no longer exist. I bought most of these over ten years ago.

The large globe on the right is actually a lamp. I love the scene in the movie "While You Were Sleeping" when the father is reading to the young Sandra Bullock character and in the background is this world globe light. Warm, fuzzy memories.

The smallest globe is a pencil sharpener that I bought recently at a garage sale. The two medium globes are coin banks.

This is just a small part of all of the vintage things I love to collect. Let's hope Apron Thrift Girl does a lot more of these Collect Share link parties.

6 comments:

  1. I have one globe that was my father's as a child, it's one of my favorite things, love your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect globes too, I think they are timeless. You have some nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bring back wonderful childhood memories.
    There was always one huge one in the classroom and everyone waited to be called upon to use it for lessons. It was exciting in the 60s when my own father decided we could afford to have one at home. Who would have imagined back then how frequently place names would change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have starte a small globe collection for my 12 year old son. I love the light one!! Total score :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool collection. Isn't it amazing what an impact they have when grouped together? I had one as a kid growing up - wish I still had it now! They will forever remind me of elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a similar collection!

    http://ilovecollecting10.blogspot.com/2010/02/globes.html

    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/dc/house-tours/emily-georges-collections-house-call-108645

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...