Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lovely Little Treasures

It was a gloriously sunny and warm day today. Originally we had planned on going to a promising sale but it was too far away and I didn't want to waste the gas. So we stayed local, very local, just down the street actually.

Since it was the third day of the sale I felt fortunate to find things that I liked.

My favorite find were these Halloween treasures. The largest pumpkin is only 2 1/2" wide. I don't know how old they are but they are wonderful.

I also found this small, bright red bottlebrush wreath. It is only 4" across.

I seem to have started collecting vintage date stamps. I also found an alphabet rubber stamp set. The letters are terribly small but with a little patience I hope to actually stamp an entire sentence one day. 

I love the graphics on these old cards. 
The Valentine on the bottom left has an unusual sentiment. On the front it says "How about Me!" and inside it reads: "I'm keen about you but I firmly declare, I don't want it to be a one-sided affair. What's your story Valentine?" It is unique how it isn't mushy or cute but gets right down to the important question.

I am adding new items to my Stuff to Treasure store. Just added several Christmas items and some toys but there's a lot more so please stop by and check it out often. 

This is linked to:

11 comments:

  1. This was a holiday themed thrift week for you! I love, love, love the Halloween stuff; instantly reminds me of wax lips. Isn't' that bizarre?

    The bottlebrush wreath is lovely. And the cards are so sweet. I really like the kitty valentine. The How About Me valentine is a little intense; I can't imagine sending that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What marvelous rubber stamps, they don't make erasers like that anymore either. The cards are wonderful. You are right the graphics from yesteryear are different from todays. I think I like the vintage graphics the best. Great thrift finds.❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the holiday stuff. I just love vintage Halloween and Christmas items and you can usually get them at such good prices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bottle brush wreath.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some mighty fine finds!

    DARLING, SCARLET LADYBUG

    Darling, scarlet ladybug,
    On the prowl for bugs and such,
    If I met you on the rug,
    I would not be frightened (much).


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Red Cactus Fruit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you found all of that on the third day of the sale! LOVE the Halloween goodies, and I can never pass up one of those red bottlebrush wreaths!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love holiday treasures! I found some crepe paper today! Makes me want to craft! Happy Fall! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your treasures. I can imagine as a kid, I'd have played with that stamp set for hours! Love the wreath. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you don't need to roam to far from home, to find some wonderful treasures. Love the vintage pumpkins. Nice finds.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous finds! Love the graphics on the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE those Halloween goodies! thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...