Saturday, January 28, 2012

Perfect Garage Sale Weather

Winter in Southern California = 81 degrees, t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops. Perfect weather for some garage sales. We only went to two sales because we found some really fun treasures and decided to relax for the rest of the day.

My absolute favorite find was a vintage string of Christmas lights with little Spun-head and chenille stick winged angels. These are so amazingly sweet.

At one garage sale I was two steps behind a woman who was buying for her local antique shop. She picked up every vintage toy the seller had. I was able to find just a couple of items that she missed. One was a Fisher-Price toy lunch box. It is missing the toy thermos but was instead, filled with little doll accessories. I liked the little toy clothes hangers.

I found two boxes of paper dolls from 1942. I used to love paper dolls. These are great because the paper clothes are classic 1942 styles.

I found two children's records from 1950 by Remington Records Inc. The graphics on both the covers and the records were so interesting. There are also three smaller records that are made out of very thin vinyl.

I couldn't resist these 1960s era prints of the little girls from the Northern Tissue packaging illustrated by Frances Hook. These just brought back a flood of memories. I remember my mother must have sent away for a set because we had a set safely put away in a box {I don't know where they went.}

This last item is a cardboard and metal cookie bucket by the Sunshine Biscuit company. There is something about a vintage bucket that says "Toy" that catches my attention.

I also found more buttons and spools which will just get added to my growing collection.

Off to enjoy the warm sunshine. Hope everyone is having a great thrifting day.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful finds! I love the little lights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper dolls are really sweet; they are a very cool find! We've still got a few more months before the yard sales will begin again. Looking forward to that time and hoping I have my clutter under control before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish it was garage sale weather here in Minnesota. I won't see 81 for months and miss my garage sales. Thrift stores are just not the same.

    Great finds, too bad you were behind a dealer, from what you found I'm sure there were lots of treasures to be had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day! Love the little prints, what a shame you can't remember what happend to your mother's set.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...