Saturday, June 30, 2012

Can I Possibly Be Any Busier?...

My intentions are good; I want to create stuff, I want to hunt for vintage treasures, I want to spend time with my family, but sometimes it just becomes overwhelming.

At work we are currently in a time crunch to get everything ready for the Craft and Hobby Association {CHA} Summer trade show in the Chicago area. I am thrilled that I was able to design Tim Holtz's Alterations catalogs and get them printed, bound and on the truck heading out to the show ON TIME! This took quite a bit of overtime at work.

Then there was a blessing of freelance design work that suddenly came my way. I love doing freelance but it was kind of hard staying up late every night after a long day at work.

Then last weekend was another driving event for my son. I really enjoy supporting him but it meant that there was no time for me to do any thrifting or freelance or overtime.

Today I squeezed in just a bit of thrifting...

My favorite find was another vintage doll suitcase. These are just so sweet when stacked together in a group. The new one is at the top.



I found this box of vintage firework Sparklers. It is probably not safe to light these but they are so retro. I have to do some research to find out why the packaging isn't designed in Americana colors. Maybe Sparklers were once sold for the Christmas season.
We also found bags of vintage buttons and postage stamps from around the World.
Here is a photo of how I spent last weekend. That's my son in the front red car. Notice that there are no buildings in the photo which means there is no possibility of any garage sales nearby. But I digress...Go Little Red Car!!!
This is my very, very tired pup in the car last weekend.
I hope everyone had a great day of thrifting.

I just listed some new items in my Stuff to Treasure store. Please Like my store to be the first to know when new items are listed.

I'm also having a Sale on some items so please stop by and check it out. Select items are 25% off. The sale has ended. Thank you if you visited my store.

1 comment:

  1. You may not be able to create something new every day but just think how wonderful it is that you work revolves around what you really love :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...