Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thrifting on a Budget

NOTE: I have begun truncating my blog posts because of content theft. I hope my readers will understand that it is just a matter of clicking the {READ MORE} button at the bottom of each post to see the complete blog post.

So once again Dear Handyman couldn't join me in my thrifting adventures so I {sort of} promised him that I would not spend more than $20. I wasn't sure if I could keep that promise but I am quite proud to say that I spent much less and still found some wonderful treasures.

My favorite find of the day was a jar of buttons. The jar wasn't very big but it did contain a large percentage of Bakelite, glass and unique shaped buttons.




I also found a display rack. I'm not sure what it was designed to display but it can hold postcards or paperback books.
I found some sewing notions although I don't usually buy seam binding and rick rack unless it is grouped with other notions. But my friend has done a really cute display with pretty colored vintage zippers still in their packaging so I was inspired.
There were a couple of random spools that were unique. One is green wood and the other is labeled "Empeco" which I had never heard of before.
As a "Public Service Announcement" I need to say that if you ever find one of these lint removal brushes I suggest that you buy it. They are absolutely the best thing to remove fur and lint from clothing. The red part is a soft brush-like surface that just lifts off lint and fur.
-- SPOILER ALERT if you are my sister --
The last thing I found will be a gift for my sister. It is a real city street sign with my sister's name. How cool is that!
I also found a few other small items and the total price was way under my $20 budget. Won't Dear Handyman be surprised!

Hope everyone had a great day of thrifting.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...