Friday, October 12, 2012

Preparing to go to {Vintage} Market

I am finally taking a mini-leap into retail sales. I am going to have a one-time opportunity to rent a small space at a vintage sales venue. It will be on November 10 in the Orange County, CA area. It will be big enough to have a lot of sales potential but small enough to not be overwhelming. This opportunity has opened up my "distribution channel" so I can buy and sell larger/bulkier items. I am excited so I took the day off from work to go to some estate sales and search for items to fill my space. Things have been busy here with all kinds of preparations.

My favorite find was this sweet biscuit tin. A little shabby but these are so perfect for storing items.

Keeping with the kitchen theme, I found these enamelware bread and biscuit tins. They are in great condition and are very large, heavy enamel. The Bread tin is 12 inches high. That can hold a lot of bread!
I was thrilled to find these unused French vocabulary cards. The metal rack is a collating device that I plan to use to display various ephemera. Down in front of this photo is a really old timer. Very shabby and I'm not sure if it works but the color {creamy white} and texture {chippy} looked so cool.
These two gooseneck lamps are simply retro. The one on the left is very heavy cast metal. It works perfectly. The one on the right is a scientific lamp. I haven't plugged it in yet. The silver disk on the base seems to be a reflective surface. It came from an estate sale of a scientist so I thought it was unique. {I just did some research and this is an Agglutination Viewer. It isn't a desk lamp but a scientific viewer used to determine blood type.}
Also from the scientist's estate sale were these NIB glass test tubes. I see so much design potential in test tubes {clustered together to make multi-bud vase} so I couldn't resist a box full of them. In front is a box of glass slides. I see a lot of altered art potential in these as well.
In back are more science beakers. Cool? Weird? I enjoy collecting these. In front are old Bromo Seltzer bottles. I liked their cobalt blue color and heavy, old glass feel.
I found several refridgerator dishes. In back are the clear glass ones with and without lids. In front is a Pyrex Butterprint dish with the aqua rooster pattern. It matches the other two pieces I found here. All of these make great drawer organizers because of their rectangular shapes.
Tart pans have a certain fancy decorative flair to them. I found this set of 12 pans connected together. I imagined them as the starting point to an altered art project. In back is a large pan in a pattern that I've never seen before. In front are more silverplate pieces for a project I'm working on.
Many of these items will be going into my Stuff to Treasure store in the next few days. Please be sure and stop by and browse through all of the treasures I have there. I will also be posting more information about the Vintage Holiday Sale as the event date gets closer. I hope everyone has a great weekend of thrifting!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous finds, especially the lamps.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! :-)
    Looking forward to reading more abt. the vintage sales venue in November.
    Have a great weekend! *SMILES* from Denmark //Lisbet

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wonderful finds. Congrats on reaching 500 followers. What a milestone...

    http://mel-designs.typepad.com/my-blog/2012/10/halloween-outdoor-decorating-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...