Saturday, February 16, 2013

Spring is in the Air

Another glorious day in Southern California but I'm not packing up the jackets just yet. But the glorious sunshine feels like Spring has arrived!

After buying the Feather and Spun Cotton Birds last week I decided that they would look nice in a Spring cloche display but the only cloche I had was rather large. So with a bit of thrifting serendipity I came across a glass cheese dish cover that worked perfectly as a small cloche when paired with a vintage cake stand and old lace doily. I just wish that the birds didn't look so realistic because I feel like I have them trapped under glass.
The only other item I thrifted was a very sweet pink aluminum covered cake tray with a silhoutte of a boy and girl. I would guess that this is from the 50s or 60s by the way they are dressed.
I hope everyone had a great day of thrifting. I'm going to go outside and play now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...