Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Day of Positive Thrifting

I took Thursday off from work because I had to deal with a very unpleasant situation with a very unreasonable person. But the unreasonable person was acting unreasonably so I ended up with an entire day off from work and was able to attend a really good estate sale instead. {Note: the unreasonable person is in no way related to me.}

I was on the road before sunrise and met up with my friend as we waited for the sale to start. The house was packed and there was just so much stuff to look at. It was amazing. The prices were a little high so I had to be very selective with what I bought.

My favorite finds were several apothecary / pharmacy bottles. I love the large aqua bottle with stopper. The smaller bottle is an old Marly Soap display from a pharmacy.
There was a large selection of Fiesta ware. I think the seller had been an antiques dealer which would explain why there was so many collectibles in the house. I thought this Fiesta Display was unique. It was only available to Fiesta dealers and collectors.
I also found a vintage child's hat stand. It is made of wood and metal and painted in a soft vintage pink color.  I'm not sure if this was designed to slide on to a shelf or if it just looks like it can.
I love finding Pyrex with lids especially in turquoise / aqua. This is the Snowflake pattern casserole dish. Pyrex love!
I found three Milk glass vanity jars with metal lids.
I also found two souvenir hankies from France. Ahhh, visions of Paris!
These great finds put me in a better state of mind. I'm just trying to stay positive in an unreasonable world.

Many of these items will be going in to my Stuff to Treasure store. Also, please check out my new Pinterest Boards for inspiration on ways to display or create with vintage items.

I hope everyone has a great weekend of thrifting!

1 comment:

  1. What great finds! And you can never have enough Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...