Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thrifting Keeps Me Sane

My life is still in a chaotic free fall and the only thing keeping me sane seems to be my family and thrifting.

We didn't have time for any sales this weekend but we were able to wander around a couple of thrift stores. I love when I can find some old treasures that can be repurposed.

This is an old Jacob and Co. Cream Cracker tin. It is in such great condition but the graphics looked old so I bought it hoping that it wasn't a reproduction. It is actually from the 1930s so the condition is excellent for its age. I love the aqua color.
We also found an old Winsor & Newton Paint Brush display rack. Lots of handy uses for this piece.
The last item I found was this old crow. It is missing some feathers but there are a lot of real crows in my neighborhood and I often find their feathers. A little re-feathering before Halloween and he will be great for a spooky display. Dear Handyman couldn't see my vision but I convinced him that it will be a great addition to my Halloween display.
These items will eventually go into my Stuff to Treasure store, except for the crow, which I need to keep to prove to Dear Handyman how perfectly spooky it can look. I hope everyone had a great day of thrifting. Stay sane my dear fellow thrifters!

3 comments:

  1. Great finds! I'm drooling over that tin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the crow! He'll be fantastic at Halloween!
    Great finds!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Cream Crackers tin - its in fabulous condition and the colour is great!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...