Monday, June 3, 2013

Designers Craft Connection - Blog Hop June

Welcome to the Designers Craft Connection Blog Hop for the month of June. This month's theme is Happiness is Handmade. I decided to make something special to celebrate Father's Day and of course it was handmade.

My project is a party banner made from neckties and dress shirts. I happened to find some nice neckties in a gray/blue theme so I went to my Goodwill and bought two blue men's dress shirts {half-price day!}.

I cut 7 inches off both ends of the neckties to use as parts of this banner. I cut the pockets off of the dress shirts and 7 inches of the shirt cuffs to include as flags. This would be extra cute if you had a large selection of inexpensive neckties but I only had three so I had to be thrifty.
I used thrifted bias tape as the string, folded about an inch of each item over the string and attached by sewing. It would also be cute to place Father's Day cards or maybe a gift card for dad in the pockets.
There is still plenty of time to gather up lots of inexpensive neckties and shirts at garage sales to make your own banners.

Hope you enjoyed this Handmade Happiness idea for fathers everywhere. Please use the DCC button on the right column to continue through the Blog Hop and enjoy the amazing talents of the many creative designers that are part of this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...