Saturday, November 16, 2013

More Pyrex and Vintage Christmas... Oh Happy Heart!

I admit that my heart skips a beat when I see Pyrex or old Christmas ornaments at a garage sale. And my heart sings with joy when the prices are reasonable. Today I have a really happy heart!

I had three favorite finds today. The first was a good stash of vintage Pyrex. The sellers laughed at how happy I was when I saw the Pyrex.
More favorite finds...


My other favorite find were two bags full of vintage Christmas goodies. These are just some of the ornaments.
Inside one of those bags I found some spun cotton and pine cone figures of a gnome and an angel plus some really fragile bottle brush trees which was my third favorite find.
Also inside the bags were a great plastic standing Santa, a "reindeer barn" with a plastic Santa, sleigh and two reindeer and a Noma lighted tree angel.
Oh, and I found these vintage honeycomb turkey decorations at the bottom of the bag.
I love the look of mid-century modern barware. We found a set of six glasses with a nice gold pattern. Plus one lone glass that I just couldn't leave behind.
I know these glass apples are part of a set but I haven't had a chance to look them up yet.
And finally, we found these Native American salt and pepper shakers marked "Japan". The toothpick holder is also marked "Japan". They look old.
I didn't get a chance to photograph a few other large items we found. I'll try to add those photos later.

It was an awesome day of thrifting. I will add many of these items to my Stuff to Treasure store as soon as possible. Hope everyone had a great day of thrifting.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of really great finds! You can never have too many shiny brites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your happiness!! I feel the same way when I find Pyrex!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apples are Hazel Atlas. I believe they are from the 40s and I've heard they came with jam in them. There is also a strawberry and a pineapple but the pineapple is rather hard to find.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...